Comics Lifestyle

Comics that no one dares or cares to share.

I've got a lot going on here in Seattle on the 18th. I'm teaching two comics classes. And then there's the birthday of a fellow cartoonist I was planning to attend. Would it be all right if I did it on the 19th instead??

Views: 88

Replies to This Discussion

Hi David, I gather the administration of it rotates, I'm not sure if there is a formal body that decides who chooses the day.
The world seems to be gearing up for the 18th.

Here in Cambodia comics are usually no more than three panels per page. If you were doing comics 'live' as you went through your day, you could adopt a simple format - probably straight-to-ink. I have some events I could attend (Obama overseas rally, etc.) and thought about that, but decided I'd better mind Comics Lifestyle as the world turns. (Plus I gots art tools in my office!)

Or you could document your busy day with a camera and settle in with photo reference to draw it the following day. You probably wouldn't qualify to get it in the eventual compilation, but then, most of us are doing it just to get the juices flowing.

If you're drawing on the 19th we'll be uploading groggily. I wouldn't sweat it.
I'll think about my strategy.

Oh, and just between you and me, those compliations are a bad idea. I'd rather have a chance to reflect on the work I've done and its print-worthiness -- instead of mailing it off IMMEDIATELY to be (possibly) printed. I hope they use wood-free paper for those. Otherwise, what a waste of trees! (sorry -- just my 2 cents).

RSS

Latest Activity

Tom Priestley posted a video

Tortures for Flies: Christmas Cracker

Liven up your family Christmas dinner, and eradicate flies at the same time!#torturesforflies #offplanetfilms #christmas**Although this video has an animated...
Dec 24, 2021

Tortures for Flies: Pedicure (2021 Remix)

Give a fly some extra special treatment, with a pedicure that just says, "Nailed it!!"(Stay tuned for MORE...)#torturesforflies #offplanetfilms #Halloween**A...
Nov 13, 2021

Tortures for Flies: HALLOWEEN VAMPIRE

Transform a fly into a spooky vampire for Halloween! Won't this be fun?(Stay tuned for MORE...)#torturesforflies #offplanetfilms**Although this video has an...
Oct 30, 2021

Tortures for Flies: STAMP COLLECTING

Stamp Collecting is no longer a boring hobby for nerds! Time to spice it up with some FLY ACTION!(Stay tuned for MORE...)#torturesforflies #offplanetfilms**...
Oct 1, 2021

Events

Discussion Forum

24 Hour Soundtrack 2 Replies

Started by John Weeks. Last reply by John Weeks Oct 19, 2008.

Do they have to be good? 1 Reply

Started by Che Gilson. Last reply by John Weeks Oct 15, 2008.

Who decided on the 18th? 2 Replies

Started by David Lasky. Last reply by David Lasky Oct 13, 2008.

Daily Link

© 2024   Created by John Weeks.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service